Each pupil will be expected to:
- Study for at least one half year unless the instructor recommends termination of instruction through parental consultation.
- Attend each lesson prepared with instrument and book with practice sheet signed by a parent/guardian.
- Play the instrument daily for 10-20 minutes. The teacher may be contacted to discuss a student’s progress at any time.
- Purchase or rent the best possible instrument. Beware of low prices or second hand instruments. Poor instruments frustrate beginners and hinder learning. School instruments are available AT NO CHARGE to those who need one. Preference will be given to students on free or reduced-cost lunch.
- PLEASE do not handle the instrument until the student receives proper instruction at the first lesson.
- Accept responsibility for the care and maintenance of the instrument.