An essential part of any successful band program is a strong private lesson program. Unlike tutoring, private lessons are not needed just for those students that may be struggling. Private lessons are for every student. In class, we are not able to give your student individualized attention as much as we would like. Private lessons are a chance for your student to have lessons with a specialist on their instrument and have instruction that is geared specifically for each student. Students that may be struggling can get the extra help to improve, but the average to advanced players can get instruction to advance further and keep them challenged outside of class.
Throughout the older grades, we tend to play more difficult music and many opportunities exist (including Central District auditions, Solo & Ensemble, and youth ensemble auditions) that require the guidance of an expert on the students’ instrument.
- CURRENTLY, NO SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THIS YEAR ARE AVAILABLE -
The Friends of Music, in collaboration with Mrs. Forte (BHS) and Mr. Glynn (BMMS) have developed this program to encourage as many students as possible to take private lessons on their instrument. The Friends of Music are offering a scholarship to pay for half the cost of all lessons taken by any student in band. A number of excellent teachers have agreed to come to Bellingham High School to give lessons to any student who is interested in taking advantage of this program. Please contact the teacher on this list to set up a day and time for your lesson. Once arrangements have been made, fill out the Private Lesson Scholarship Application and return it to Mr. Glynn or Mrs. Forte at school. If you are already taking lessons in the area (with a teacher not on this list), you may still take advantage of the scholarship by including their information on the application form.
Private Teacher List
- Flute – Ellie DeOrsey – 508-498-8390
- Flute – Ellis O’Donnell – 508-473-0298
- Flute – Bonnie Harper – email@example.com
- Clarinet – Deb Ream – 508-561-3566
- Saxophone – Deb Ream – 508-561-3566
- Oboe – TBD
- Bassoon – TBD
- Trumpet – Ron Pouliot – 508-340-6093; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trumpet – Dave Bergeron – 401-356-4273
- Horn – Sheffra Spiridopolous – email@example.com
- Low Brass (Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba) – Nicole Wright – 774-291-2322 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Percussion – Peter Moffett – 508-361-2431
- Voice – Kim Harper – 508-713-2315
- Piano – Debra Hadges – 508-966-2587 – email@example.com