Bellingham Public Schools Summer Music Camp!
Dates: Monday – Friday, August 2 – 6, 2021
Time: 8:00 to 11:30 a.m. daily
Grades: 5 through 8
Location: Bellingham High School
Tuition: FREE (through support from the Bellingham Public Schools Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development)
Bellingham’s Summer Music Camp is a new program designed for rising students in grades 5 through 8 who would like to explore music in a fun, engaging and relaxed summer atmosphere. Students can select from different interest areas: singing or band instruments and all students will participate in music games, leadership and group activities. No music experience is necessary! Bellingham music staff will be teaching and high school students will help facilitate the activities. Our goal is to refresh and reenergize your music-loving student!
Contact person: Marie Forte, Fine Arts Dept. Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: Wednesday, June 9th
Registration via Google Form click on this link: https://forms.gle/REjrJY79MPtvxkxK7
Music Faculty: learn about the Bellingham Music staff, click here!
Music Camp Activities may include:
- Playing in Band for students who already play an instrument
- Singing in Choir, no experience needed
- Ukulele Unit
- World Drumming Circles
- Piano Unit
- Instrument Petting Zoo: Trying out different instruments (for non-experienced and experienced band students)
- Outdoor games with high school students
- Leadership lessons/connections
Transportation: We are exploring the idea and viability of providing transportation home at 11:30 a.m. to students via a 15 passenger van. If your family is interested in this option, please respond to the question in the google form. We cannot confirm this, but hope we can offer this option. Please note, we would not be able to offer transportation for the 8:00 a.m. start time.
Snack time: We plan to have a break and snack time each morning. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles and snack.
Location & Facility: We will be holding camp at Bellingham High School in the Harry Schreffler Fine Arts Wing. We will use the 900 seat, air-conditioned auditorium for large group activities, Band room, Chorus Room, Music Tech Lab, and other rehearsal spaces. We will also use the grounds of Bellingham High School when the weather allows and cafeteria for snack/break time in inclement weather.
Drop-off and pick-up times: Families can drop-off students starting no earlier than 7:40 a.m. Families should pick up their student at 11:30 a.m. each day.
High School mentors/counselors: We will be accepting applications from high school students to be counselors at our music camp. The number of counselors we accept will be dependent on enrollment. We will post a google form application here soon.
COVID Safety Guidelines:
- Bellingham Public Schools is following all Dept of Education safety guidelines including the guidelines for music classes. Musician masks and bell covers will be provided if needed. Spacing for singing and band instruments will follow the state guidelines, currently set at 10 foot spacing
- Full COVID guidelines for music courses can be found at this link: Updated guidance for special courses MA DESE March 1, 2021